Friday, May 17, 2013

Summer Books!!!


The school year is wrapping up and it's time for Freetime FUN reading!  I'm reading through the Chronicles of Narnia with the four youngest Lambies and we will continue them.  When it's time to read, I announce loudly, "It's time to go to Narnia!" and they come running to resume our adventure.

I have several small books that I want to read with them this summer, but I also think it's time for Anne of Green Gables. I'll probably get the audio version and we'll listen as a family while doing various handicrafts.

My teens have their own books that they are enjoying.  EmBlem is enjoying the Wheel of Time series. GirlofGod is, as always, reading Sherlock Holmes, and also Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Vic is reading Percy Jackson and Trixie is devouring the Series of Unfortunate Events.  Polly is a big fan of the Magic TreeHouse books and will be beginning the Dear America series soon.  Jack and Missy are still learning to read, but enjoy being read to and looking at picture books.  Jack is *this close* to being able to enjoy a book on his own.  Troubles, who is ready for a new blog name, is reading "The Bears on Hemlock Mountain" and the Little Bear stories by Else Holmelund Minarik.

And Momma's current read? The Riyria Revelations.  I listen on the audiobook version as I walk in the morning, do outdoor chores, if the Lambies aren't helping, and sometimes while I cook. They have been very good!

What are you reading this summer?

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear, I get my boy to read Narnia, too. Do you think Anne of the Green Gables would be appropriate for boys as well? They might think it boring, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Anne to my boys, but do try the first book, see what he thinks, and let me know. The Anne books are great, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."