Thursday, September 29, 2011

Stand Back......

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgO972LR3aXYaRBJ3Cejp3fUCZQ6j_IcWCTKRvhbNTHKvaxGY8jC2FCXnY1Fj-tEJ9Zpz0qq-79Mkjk7KIdLwW4iuxB9hN4da83tP_6woI3MKB4PdfgMD3jgIKFRZOOzVy5P0nygIQoKWUu/s400/stand+back.jpg

I picked up a gem of a book at the thrift store today! For one thin little dime, I became the owner of "Stand Back," Said The Elephant, "I'm Going to Sneeze!" by Patricia Thomas, illustrated by Wallace Tripp. Have you read this story? It's hilarious! I am always on the lookout for good rhyming books. Two of my sons and one of my daughters seem to have been born without the ability to rhyme or recognize a rhyme when they hear it. We read lots of rhyming books to help them overcome this lack of poetic ears.

I read it to Troubles, Jack and Missy and they immediately asked to hear it again. That's a sign of a great book. As I was looking it up on Amazon to get the link for this post, Troubles saw the computer screen and gasped, "Your going to sell that book???? I don't want you to sell that one!". That's another sign of a great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."