Friday, March 12, 2010

Among the People



I have been enjoying these stories online with my 8 year old twins. They are short, informative, entertaining little nature stories, filled with rich vocabulary and funny little incidents. They are the highlight of the school week for my son. He and his sister draw a picture of the story after I read it to show their understanding and assist them when they narrate the story later, to Dad or to an older sibling.

I bought the real book from Amazon using some of my latest free Swagbucks gift certificates. Sitting back, cuddling on the couch and reading a real book with real pages is so much better, in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. "Sitting back, cuddling on the couch and reading a real book with real pages is so much better, in my opinion. "

    THANK YOU! Exactly how I feel. I was just thinking last night: I hope I don't have to switch to all digital books in the future. That would be so sad!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."