Saturday, August 28, 2010

Grading Helps

http://img.widgetbox.com/thumbs/4b66a8b4-015a-434e-84dd-6a74e22aa5ab.png?63

I have three children on whom I keep grades. I begin giving percentage scores and letter grades in Grade 7. I record the grades on one of my favorite forms and keep them in my teachers binder. At the end of the year, they go into the portfolio with a few samples of work. I have a paper grading chart that helps me calculate the grades, but as the kids get older, they sometimes have more problems than my grader can handle. I found this online calculator that is very helpful and thought I'd pass it along. It's now saved in my School Sites Folder in my favorites.

Grade Calculator

Also helpful for end of term or year calculations:

Grade Point Average
GPA Calculator

I haven't figured out which one I like better yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please feel free to leave kind words, new ideas, requests for recipes, even gentle criticism if needed in the spirit of Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."